Thursday, August 20, 2009

EDU 595 Podcast Favorite Moments

In my webtools class, we were asked to subscribe to a podcast for a week and to post some comments regarding our favorite moments in the podcast. I selected "One Thing in a French Day" podcast. It is created by a French woman who talks about normal every day things that happen in her life in France. The podcast is in French with her dialogue written in French as well. This will be great for my students to see and hear French simultaneously and they will be also be able to compare everyday French and American life activities.

One of my favorite moments in the podcast was created on August 18, 2009. The entry was entitled "A La Piscine" and focused on a simple day at a local swimming pool. The woman talked about putting "swimmies" on her daughter's arms and the surprise of finding that the pool was filled with salt water. It was so very pleasant to read. . . just a normal summer day in the pool. Her style is easy to read and I think my students will feel success in understanding her. I plan to add her podcast to my wiki as well. This can serve as a weekly assignment for my upper level students!

No comments:

Post a Comment