Monday, August 3, 2009

Reflection on Blogs and Wikis for Laura Jacobs' Class

Today I had more fun with Wikis and Blogs and have decided to definitely use both applications in my classes this year.

With Wikis, I plan to have my French 4 students each create a Wiki in order to Jigsaw various chapters of a novel we are going to read. They'll each make various pages to cover topics such as vocabulary, plot development, characters and predictions for the next chapter. They will also create presentations on these topics and their presentation will be archived on their wiki. At the end of the book, I will post links to everyone's wiki on the class wiki for reference and study before the test.

With Blogs, I plan to have all of my classes post comments to pictures I will post while travelling in France at the end of October. I will also have them post their ideas and opinions about topics discussed in class. I will also have them showcase projects and complete webquests via weblogs.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan! I like how you set up your blog and it is visually easy to manipulate and read. Well done! (Tres Bien!)

    ReplyDelete